Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The streak continues


I decided that I would go and check out some more fields and apple trees today before the storm arrives. I went back to our old homestead in Unity.

I was pleasantly surprised when my old neighbor Dave decided to go out with me (Dave is a taxidermist by the way) So there was a little competition there to say the least.

We checked the apple trees first and found nothing, then we went to a ridge behind the old house where there is always a deer trail. I found this nice small 10 point set lying together as if gift wrapped. Dave was a little jealous but he got over it.

We were following a much bigger track and we knew this rack was not his. One of the neighbors had seen a large 10 point with two side stickers and that's the one we were trying to find but no luck.

Nothing more for the day but will hit there again soon

Rob

No comments: